hello


I slept on whether to text you or not for so many days [ 7 days ] that I don’t even think about it anymore. I imagine the different scenarios in my head and picture what your replies would be. 
In one, you’d tell me, after we’d talked long enough to be really close, that you had been waiting for me to text you. In another, you’d be straight
forward and ask me why I decided to text you and cut me off. 
I imagine us being soul mates and then complete strangers. I know that I have ruined a lot of chances I had by texting people and I don’t want to do that with you. But the thing is, this uncontrollable urge to type a short ‘Hello!’ in your inbox won’t go unless I do it. 
So I make up my mind to text you tonight. Then I remember the time when I landed myself in trouble by texting a Hello to someone at a wrong time. That Hello took me almost to another dimension of misery that I would explain to you someday  very soon . But the word Hello, it scares me now.
Maybe I’ll use a different word. Like ‘Hey!’ or ‘Yo’ or ‘Hola?’ You like country music, right? No? That’s okay, I won’t say Hola anyway. I was just practising. 
I also remember when I gathered the nerve to tell someone that they have beautiful eyes. She thanked me and yet I felt so uncomfortable I did not look at her again and she was standing RIGHT beside me. So many things I ruined by talking first. 
I spent another night making futile attempts to sleep on this thought. I thought to myself, you know, ‘Hello’ is still the same innocent word it was before. It was the people who ruined it for me. So maybe wait for my
‘Hello’?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am tired

10:56

I don't fit anywhere !!