backdoor

you give me reasons to walk away and I stay anyway. I stand in the middle of the aisle that leads to the exit so you can’t leave either. But you did. .
Maybe I was desperate for something. I was asking for something that could make me feel all sorts of things. Things that made me stronger and weaker at the same time but also invincible. .
You brought these things to me in packages that I could hold in just one hand while holding yours with the other. .
I was invincible but not alone and I didn’t want that. I refused to let myself believe that I couldn’t live without someone. I found out later that my refusal does not affect the reality.
.
How do you know when you’re in love? Is it by the click of a switch in your head? Or is it a certain smile that makes you smile too? Maybe the diligent but futile effort to keep them out of your mind.

How do you know that what you’re doing for someone isn’t out of human courtesies but something deeper than all courtesies combined? .
I didn’t have the luxury to think about this so I kept staying, standing on the way to the exit. I failed to see the backdoor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am tired

10:56

I don't fit anywhere !!