Ethiopia call

Tonight things are different.
You recognize my breath for the first time in 2 years. "soo gaye kay?", you question.
Tonight, I don't wait for you to disconnect the call. As you realize, it's me on the other side, I wonder what you think, what you must have thought all these days every year about these calls where I never spoke and you stopped at "hello". Tonight, I finally figure out that you knew it was me, that it had always been me for the last 2 years for never once did you miss my call let alone blocking my number.
Your hello sounded a little worried tonight and I wonder, if he's not there beside you, listening to the silence on the other side of the phone. I wonder if you have saved my number as "mannu" or "chiku". Tonight, you whisper "chiku" and I sense nostalgia in your voice. Tonight, you finally believe that we, you and I rather, could've made it work. Tonight, you're sorry and I know that you really are.
But tonight, I disconnect the call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am tired

10:56

I don't fit anywhere !!