Midnight

You look beautiful tonight. 

There's no way of knowing if you'll be here tomorrow. Or if there is a tomorrow to hope for. But I do hope to see you.

Even if in my memories. Or my dreams. Or on a fleeting Sunday in some clouds that refuse to leave the sky. Or in just a handful of pictures that you forgot to take with you. 

I just want to see you once more.

You look beautiful tonight. And there isn't one thing I'd change about you here and now because I see all the experiences you've had. 

I know why you are how you are and I love all of it.

I'm at peace with you and with the world. 

For a long time, I had forgotten what peace meant but tonight, as I look at you, I know. 

The sky picks out colours just for you tonight. 

I know you see these colours and wonder how vast they must be in some place away from here. How they spread out over thousands of people to mean thousands of things. 
It doesn't matter. 
You're here now. 
This is life. 

And I am at peace.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am tired

10:56

I don't fit anywhere !!